Thursday, September 26, 2013

Love



I begin to write and yet words do not suffice. I begin to think and yet thoughts are limitless. I try to bind these feelings yet they control me and not otherwise. I begin to search the realms of the soul and find myself in a labyrinth beyond understanding. I plunge into the ocean and find depths unimaginable. I look at myself to find I do not know who I am. The journey of a few steps yet has thousands of miles to go. I try to understand this pain and know it will not end till lead completely turns to gold. I sometimes whisper to myself words of solace and comfort. And then I scream when the journey seems too hard. I speak but thousands of words everyday and yet with words meant to be said, I remain silent. Silence, I find, is more powerful than many words said. I begin to fathom distance and yet I know it's relativity is all in the mind. I treasure moments so complete one could lock them in time and own them as one's most prized possessions. And then others so empty, one doubts one's own existence. I hear the song of the brooks. My heart dances to the melodies of the raindrops. I feel the dewy grass under my bare feet and the winds playing with my hair. I glance at the trees and feel they truly understand me. Without a single word said, they know. I let tears tell their own tale. And yet I smile because I know no other journey will complete me so.  

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is beautiful, Zarin. There is nothing more powerful then love's transforming power and that's what I took from this. Thanks for sharing. I'm glad to have read it.