Sunday, June 28, 2009

Dedicated to people in love

The sonnet I am about to share is William Shakespeare's Sonnet number 116.

This sonnet speaks about love and how it never changes. It remains even to the edge of doom. It speaks about love being an everlasting mark. It considers that love can face any storm and hardship and still not alter.

This has been my personal favourite for many years and I will today share it with all you on my own personal blog space. I am dedicating this to all people in love!

William Shakespeare's SONNET 116

Let me not to the marriage of true minds
Admit impediments. Love is not love
Which alters when it alteration finds,
Or bends with the remover to remove:
O no! it is an ever-fixed mark
That looks on tempests and is never shaken;
It is the star to every wandering bark,
Whose worth's unknown, although his height be taken.
Love's not Time's fool, though rosy lips and cheeks
Within his bending sickle's compass come:
Love alters not with his brief hours and weeks,
But bears it out even to the edge of doom.
If this be error and upon me proved,
I never writ, nor no man ever loved.

1 comment:

Khurram Ali Shafique said...

Thanks for sharing it. It's been my personal favorite too.